Re: [OM] Drones

Subject: Re: [OM] Drones
From: WayneS <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2018 14:32:11 -0700
Not sure I have great recommendations, but a recent project I almost buried
myself in was developing software for a 4 passenger autonomous drone. The
initial development was to use a PixHawk cube - the controller, some open
source software and try to fly a 6 propeller large 4 passenger drone.
http://www.alakai1.com/

The drones we looked at for initial development was the Yuneec brand. Yuneec
develops drones for search and rescue. I think GoPro also has decent drones.

Besides the camera on board, things I would want to consider is:

How easy is it to control
ability to self land
ability avoid obstacles
have good wireless control range
GPS abillity

It is amazing some of the photography online and how stable they can be in
strong wind. Google search "drone photography tutorial".

A drone is on my list of desires. Let us know what you figure out.

WayneS