Re: [OM] Anchorage Earthquakes

Subject: Re: [OM] Anchorage Earthquakes
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2018 15:24:55 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>> I guess this is the trade-off for living in such a photogenic location.
>
>That's a good attitude to take. For the most part, people live here by
>choice. We don't get tornadoes (or ever thunderstorms), hurricanes, or
>much flooding or fires. The occasional "property relocation service"
>is the trade-off.

     Same here in the southwest, somewhat.  It's uncomfortable during the 3
months of the monsoon season, but mostly pleasant for the rest of the year.
When the real water shortages hit and the CAP is shut off, it will become more
pleasant as people are forced to leave.

>Speaking of, we're now told that it will be 1-3 months before we're
>back in the office.

     At least it's repairable, much better than in 1964.

>But it is still beautiful here.

     It is that.  Plus you have lots of healthy seafood to chow down on.
Speaking of which, don't dine on polar bear liver.  The high concentration of
vitamin A can kill you.  Moose and seal liver is beneficial.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson