Re: [OM] OT: Cell Phones

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Cell Phones
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2018 12:24:44 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
Mike,
     I spent a lot of time looking around at other deals, and I just cannot
beat this one that you pointed out.  Turns out that this is a phone I had
looked at earlier locally and decided I would get one if it went on sale.  The
one feature that I could not find on other phones of comparable value was the
flash.

     So here I am, being dragged kicking and screaming into 4G.  I've become
faliliar with how to de-Google these as my "donated" ZTE N817 is similar, so I
will replace Chrome with Firefox and delete the GooglePlay feature.  Then copy
my clock sync, GPS, and route tracking aps, the last one I hacked earlier so I
can download and save Google maps for offline use.

>Now this is a really cheap phone so don't expect much. And you don't get
>double minutes for life. I just loaded up 2x minutes on the flip phone
>and then transferred them to the new fone.
>
><https://shop.tracfone.com/shop/en/tracfonestore/phones/tf-zte-majesty-pro-plus-lte-reconditioned>

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson