Re: [OM] OT: Cell Phones

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Cell Phones
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2018 08:14:25 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     I just finished an online chat with TracFone.  My LG420 is a 2G device,
and that may very well be the problem as nobody supports that format and there
is no AT&T SIM available.  TracFone still supports 3G, and if that "donated"
ZTE817 is or can be unlocked than I can get a SIM card from TracFone and use
it.  That will keep me out of trouble for the rest of the day.  Maybe.  It's a
nice phone provided I turn off the wifi when cycling around or I get Cox
advertising every time I get near one of their wifi hubs.

>> Almost all "burner phones" are TMobile or Sprint.
>

>Tracfone is not the same. They resell various providers. My CDMA slider
>was verizon and was good in rural areas. The GSM flip phone came with
>something else but I requested T Mobile because of the new towers here.
>(long story). The ZTE is locked on ATT and T Mobile. It came with an ATT
>SIM but I requested a T Mobile SIM and they 2-day shipped it. So Chris
>if you don't want T Mobile or ATT you can look at other phones in that
>price range. Call tech support to make sure it ships with the right SIM.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson