Re: [OM] A.I. Gigapixel Test -Bill

Subject: Re: [OM] A.I. Gigapixel Test -Bill
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2018 09:40:15 -0700
> From: Philippe <photo.philippe.amard@xxxxxxxxx>
>
> Is this really useful with Oly?s micro 4/3 with the crop factor?

It is with a focal reducer! I now have three: the Kipon Baveyes, which is
pretty good, the Metabones Ultra, which is fantastic, and the Viltrox, which is
rumoured to be an off-branded Metabones, but I can't try it until my EF --> OM
adapter arrives from China.

A focal reducer doesn't fully make up for the crop factor, getting back .7 of
it, though. The OM 21/2 becomes a 29mm (equivalent) f1.4, for example.

Outside of the superb M.Zuiko 7-14/2.8, MOST of my shooting is with legacy
glass.

Jan