Re: [OM] Beaver Pond - HDR

Subject: Re: [OM] Beaver Pond - HDR
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2018 08:58:46 -0800
>   Very nice, Ken. I'm usually not a big fan of HDR as they look
> over-processed to my eye. Yours does not have that look.

Thank you.

I'm going to live with this edit for a little bit and then start
tweaking the colors for my personal tastes with the HSL sliders. I am
actually very surprised that the HDR merge turned out as good as it
did. Lightroom's "auto tone" settings pretty much nailed it. I did a
little bit of adjustment to open the shadows up a little more, but
didn't get too crazy. OK, I did get a slightly crazy... Somewhat
slightly... Oh, who knows--I can't leave anything alone.

But the image definitely lacks that eye-twisting mangled mess that HDR
is usually associated with. I took one of the images from the stack
and tried to match it to the HDR image. While I could get the tones to
pretty much match, the artifacts and other goobers took over.

Oh, and a funny thing... Technically, that scene and all the mountains
in it are within the city of Anchorage. The county (Bureau) and city
of Anchorage are one and the same. Eagle River, the community I live
in, is legally Anchorage, as is every other community within the
borders. That also includes all of Chugach State Park that falls
within the borders.

AG Schnozz