Re: [OM] Beaver Pond - HDR

Subject: Re: [OM] Beaver Pond - HDR
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2018 15:30:04 -0800
> Nicely done with good tone mapping. I always have trouble with that and
> sometimes just take the sky from HDR and use it as a layer in the standard
> processed image.  Sometimes the midtones go wonky and/or it looks too HDR and
> I am not skillful enough to correct.

Adobe did a good job with it and got it all in the neighborhood with
no further effort.

> 6D DR by DXO about 12.1 and OM A7RIII approaching 15...

12.1 seems about right, but three stops of that on the low side and
one stop on the high side is anything but color coherent. The E-1,
which is even worse on the high side does have a very neutral low
side.

> The Z 21/3.5 really does hold up well for this size image.  The 21/2 with
> floating element more sensitive to adapter thickness issues.

The 21/3.5 is what I call "Pixel Sharp". In other words, for the 6D
sensor, there is nothing more to be gained. It's as sharp as the
sensor allows. As to the adapter thickness issue, I'm going to say
that that's a problem I run into with multiple Zuikos. But the focus
assist lights help, as well as live-view with magnifier.

AG Schnozz