Re: [OM] LR/ACR Profiles [was Solstice Evening]

Subject: Re: [OM] LR/ACR Profiles [was Solstice Evening]
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2018 14:21:31 -0800
> Just working on an iPhone photo of Carol and her good friend. Technically,
> it's crap, clean up-able to semi crap (at least shot in Raw). But on a phone
> screen or in the 4x5" prints I'll make, it's priceless. Outfits, pose,
> smiles and memories of where they were going and the fun they had outweigh
> the tech shortcomings.

Depending on my mood and downstream process intent, I'll use "Open
Camera" or Adobe's Lightroom Camera. Both give me true DNG files to
work from. The stabilized F1.8 lens (28mm equivalent or so) and 21MP
sensor give me plenty to work with. If I don't happen to have a camera
with me and I want more than just a nice snapshot (the normal phone
app with JPEG output is quite good), I'll use either of the two
programs. If I use the Lightroom app, I can get it to flow through to
my computer via the cloud. But Open Camera gives me far more control
and more features during capture.

The Lightroom Camera app has been a bit clunky and sometimes buggy.
But it is getting better and is quite good. Especially if you happen
to use Lightroom. (ahem).

AG Schnozz