Re: [OM] Solstice Evening

Subject: Re: [OM] Solstice Evening
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2018 16:04:25 -0800
Moose of the World wrote:
> 'Twere mine, I'd do something like these.
> <http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/AG/Solstice_Evening.htm>
>
> First opens up the landscape portion and makes the sky a purer blue. Second
> goes for a little more drama in the landscape.
>
> Of course, I ended up with seven layers and five different masks, so I can
> see why many wouldn't bother. :-)

VERY interesting. Your final take was almost the same as my
"preferred" version from Lightroom. I actually toned it down because I
felt like I've been cranking the volume to 11 on too many photographs,
so I backed off the settings to what I posted.

As to masks, layers, yada yada, the nice thing is that you can do most
of that natively in Lightroom now. On some of these, I'm doing quite a
bit of altered processing between different areas of the image. It
depends on my mood, though. Often times--especially with the Alaska
landscapes, it's too easy to overdo the processing. It's a fine line
between Oh and Uh Oh.

AG Schnozz