Re: [OM] Solstice Evening

Subject: Re: [OM] Solstice Evening
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2018 17:46:27 -0400
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
Da Schnozz writes:

<<The E-1's CCD sensor suddenly goes
<<on steroids and you have to say "Whoa Nellie!" and pull back on the
<<reigns a bit. The 6D's CMOS sensor is like that farm mule that
<<requires a fire to be lit under it and you have to yank on the reigns
<<to get it to move. The end result can end up about the same. I may
<<publish a comparative of this picture, but to summarize the MAJOR
<<processing differences in Lightroom (approximate settings):

<<Profile:
<<E1 - Adobe Standard
<<6D - Adobe Landscape

<<White Balance:
<<E1 - Cloudy
<<6D - Shade

<<Clarity:
<<E1 - +5
<<6D - +20

<<Saturation:
<<E1 - -10
<<6D  +10

Hmm,
How much is the sensor and how much the software?  Noticed with Oly raw files
especially with DXO--sometimes need to even have neg vibrance to avoid
overcooking (a gentle "half-halt")--not so much on my version of PS with ACR.
Similar for Panny raw files.
Canyon CR2 definitely need more vibrance/LCE or clarity in ACR than DXO but
overall are "flatter" or more neutral with either converter in general but the
converter and default profiles seem very important.
BTW perhaps an analogy mistype or error.  "Yank on reigns" with farm mule will
not result in much forward motion.  Thoroughbred off the track mebbe ,as that
can mean "go."   Gentle use of the spur or touch of the crop may be more
effective.

Riding since '88,  Mike