Re: [OM] Bear Spray is not a fashion statement

Subject: Re: [OM] Bear Spray is not a fashion statement
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2018 20:38:33 -0700
On 6/20/2018 6:45 PM, Chris Trask wrote:
      We recently had a cyclist killed by a cougar up in Washington state:

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/eastside/1-dead-1-injured-in-cougar-attack-on-eastside/

      Down here we've had a number of bears entering into residential areas.
They're looking for water and food as the extended drought conditions have
forced them out of the back country.  Three bears have been destroyed so far.

      Bear spray is one thing, but the large, loud, threatening posture is very
effective.

Maybe with your bears; not with AG's. Not with grizzlies, generally. Not even with some non-grizzlies, if you are between them and where they want to be. Been there, would have bear tracks up my front, if I hadn't stopped the loud noise, flashing lights and yelling routine and got out of its way.

Running is a very bad idea.

Unless you are faster than others there. :-)

Not Your Average Moose