Re: [OM] Bear Spray is not a fashion statement

Subject: Re: [OM] Bear Spray is not a fashion statement
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2018 18:45:22 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     We recently had a cyclist killed by a cougar up in Washington state:

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/eastside/1-dead-1-injured-in-cougar-attack-on-eastside/

     Down here we've had a number of bears entering into residential areas.
They're looking for water and food as the extended drought conditions have
forced them out of the back country.  Three bears have been destroyed so far.

     Bear spray is one thing, but the large, loud, threatening posture is very
effective.  Running is a very bad idea.

>For those who might be seeing something in the news from Anchorage
>tonight, there was a bear attack nearby. One person killed, another
>injured. Up where we hiked Saturday night. Just across the river from
>us and up the hill.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson