Re: [OM] OT: Getting Away From It All

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Getting Away From It All
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2018 12:51:01 -0800
> It ruins the place for me, Moose. It’s no longer necessary to conduct such
> mass killing.
> The BBC story was incomplete.

Actually, I was pretty impressed. For such a short article, it had
quite a bit of depth to it instead of the one sided Sea Shepherds
press releases. This is the paragraph that really puts it in
perspective, because the conversion of living creature to food isn't
pretty. Never has been. Come on, people. You think that hamburger or
hotdogs at the grocery store was just made that way?  Well, OK, maybe
a bad illustration. But even our own Tina swings a mighty mean hatchet
when it comes to her farm critters. Change the creature in question
and move the slaughter into the public viewing--the rules change. But
unlike some of you, I'm not going to eat Kale for the rest of my life.

"There's a lot of blood," he says, and waters in the bay quickly turn
scarlet. "The first time I saw it, it was very hard to watch,"
Fielding adds. The geographer, who is also a hunter, thinks that
"people [get] so upset because they don't often see animals being
turned into food in any context."

AG Schnozz