Re: [OM] OT: Getting Away From It All

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Getting Away From It All
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2018 11:32:58 -0700
> From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> I prefer to live "away from it all" and ration "the maddening bustle of
> modern life" in very small doses.

I am totally with you, but I realize not everyone feels that way.

When I was a teen-ager, I couldn't wait to get "off the farm" and experience
the big city lights.

But that got old fairly quickly, and I started seeking out employment in
smaller towns and rural areas.

Now, I rarely go anywhere big enough to have a Starbucks or a Mall*Wart. The
last time I went, it was scary... people drive along RIGHT NEXT TO EACH OTHER!
AT 100 KPH! INSANE!

And there's these weird red, yellow, and green lights hanging over the highway,
changing colours all the time. If there are lots of cars, the colours seem to
mean different things... when I'm way back in a stopped line, I can see a green
light in the distance, and when the cars start moving, the light changes to red.

Odd, that... here, a green light means "get on the ferry," and a red light
means "the ferry isn't in, and you probably don't want to take your car for a
swim."

Strange world we live in...

Jan