Re: [OM] £ note questions

Subject: Re: [OM] £ note questions
From: "piers@xxxxxxxx" <piers.hemy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2018 10:10:04 +0000
You have received some well intentioned but incorrect advice here, Mike. We
are not talking of Bank of England notes, but notes issued by three
commercial banks in Scotland. Those notes are worth 100% the same as Bank
of England notes, never in my experience 70%!

The paper £5 and £10 Scottish notes will be withdrawn from circulation
effective 1 March, but the three banks in question - Royal Bank of
Scotland, Clydesdale Bank and Bank of Scotland - have agreed to exchange
their own £5 and £10 paper notes from non-customers, up to the value of
£250.

So your first task on arrival will be to call into any branch of the
relevant bank to switch your paper notes for polymer equivalents. But don't
waste your time looking for the National Bank of Scotland, there isn't one!

If you are concerned that by 2019 it will be too late to exchange, you can
always send them over....

Piers