Re: [OM] Portrait of Kina

Subject: Re: [OM] Portrait of Kina
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2018 23:12:49 -0800
On 1/15/2018 7:33 PM, Peter Klein wrote:
Thanks, Moose. Once I had a little time with the Raw file and my familiar Capture One, I was able to get the picture how I'd wanted it. . . . I remember the "Warm vs. not" menu setting for artificial light. I tried both when I first got the camera. I liked something a little warmer than the cool setting but not as warm as the warm setting. I ended up leaving it at warm, probably for the same reason that mother and daughter preferred the overly warm result--people seem to accept pictures that are too yellow, but not too blue.

Same reason it's the default. :-) One may set a custom WB by color temp.

Since I almost always shoot Raw, it usually doesn't matter.

Yup, same for me. Just ran across this, looking for something else. Print in the bathroom of a friend's house in Maine. In a house full of often exquisite and expensive things, this is one I sort of covet. So at least I have a memory shot. <http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/tech/White%20Balance/Tina.htm>

Bright, wild light and reflections in the day, so I shot in the dead of night by low wattage, very warm tungsten. Framed in glass, so simple flash was out.

Click the ACR/LR White Balance dropper and pull the top of the data up to the top of the histogram in Levels, and it sure looks like my memory of it. The WhiBal does work.

Cooler Moose