Re: [OM] GPS wrist watches for tracking photo locations

Subject: Re: [OM] GPS wrist watches for tracking photo locations
From: Jim Couch <zuikoholic@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2017 13:42:52 -0800
John,

I have used a  number of wrist based units (Garmin, Polar, and Suunto) and run
into two issues with all of them as far as geotagging photos goes.

1 - Software - specifically as it relates to getting the data - you need to
sync with their app and the typically go into the app or online to get the gpx
file.

2 - Battery life. Set to the highest accuracy and most tracking points all but
the most expensive units are typically only good for 4-5 hours max.

Don't get me wrong, I still use my Polar watch for such use, but if I am out
all day or on a long trip the Garmin handheld unit wins hands down.

The new (to me) is supposed to be able to tag via a phone app but I have yet to
play with that combo.

Jim

⁣Sent from BlueMail ​