Re: [OM] Falling Water Creek - Freezing

Subject: Re: [OM] Falling Water Creek - Freezing
From: DZDub <jdubikins@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2017 07:24:07 -0600
On Tue, Nov 14, 2017 at 6:40 PM, Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> We never did get our last "Zuikofest" in. My schedule jammed up as we
> had to prepare to move. I can't say that I'm missing the Hawkeye
> State. If I wasn't so crazy about it here, I probably would miss Iowa.
> Karen popped back there for a week to see family, friends and the
> girls down at college. It's only two 3.5 hour flights to anywhere in
> the midwest and $360ish round-trip.
>
> Joel, I'm thinking that since you are a man of leisure now, that you
> can pop up here to Alaska for a week or so and we can do a Zuikofest
> around the Anchorage area. The Zuiko-BnB is open for business. (free
> to anybody who brings OM bodies).

I can certainly understand the jam at the end.  It made me think of many
trips to Hawaii to see family and friends at the holidays, and it all seems
to happen at the the very end of the stay.  We'll make up for it in due
time.

A very old cat and very old mother are my current limiters, but let me know
the appointed hour with sufficient lead time, and I'll be there.

I'm too lazy to change lenses much anymore, so the P-L 14-150 is more or
less permanently fixed to my E-5.  The 3:2 ratio of a FF Canaan might be
especially appealing in Alaska (as I have been noting in your photos), but
I seem to use a Tamron zoom with the OM-5DmkII quite a lot.  For the last
trip that involved airports, the E-620 with the light zooms made a lot of
sense and I didn't regret it.

I haven't bought any photo equipment in a few years.  An E-M1 of some
vintage is at the top of my list (some sort of afterlife for my E-system
lens is appealing to me), but I know the E-M1 is a slippery slope towards a
new lens set.  I've been down this road a few times now.

jdubbie