Re: [OM] Falling Water Creek - Freezing

Subject: Re: [OM] Falling Water Creek - Freezing
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2017 13:16:28 -0900
Clarification on the gloves.

Bass Pro Shops, Redhead brand gloves. The palm/finger side is still
Lycra, but is covered with rubber impressions of the Redhead logo. The
rubber material is thin and there is just enough there to give the
gloves about as much grip as my bare hands. I had a pair of fingerless
gloves in the past that had the rubber dots. Those things would grip
the side of a building, but had other issues. These do pretty good.
But moisture and wind are not their friends.

My wife says that I have a thing for gloves, but it's pretty rare to
get a pair that really works well for photography. these do very well,
but I need to find a new pair as these are wearing out.

I'll need to find something more suitable for Alaska as these gloves
are good down to freezing, but sub-freezing and sub-zero temperatures
will require something more significant.

AK Schnozz

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx