Re: [OM] Birdies

Subject: Re: [OM] Birdies
From: John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2017 17:35:32 -0300
When I saw the subject title I mused about whether Moose had had an exceptional day on the links :-)

jh

On 2017-07-30 3:36 PM, Moose wrote:
We've had Black Headed Grosbeaks around off and on for a few years.

The latest have been very elusive. I think they may have ESP, can sense
when I go for a camera, and take off. Thursday, I tried to sneak out on
the little back deck, but my target took off, again. So, I shot some
others that were willing to pose. It's a poorer angle, and farther away,
but not through glass.

Finch, female House, I'm guessing.
<http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=22211>

Mourning Dove in unusual pose.
<http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=22213>

Not so great shots of a female/juvenile Am. Goldfinch, showing how she
can change her hairdo. <http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=22215>

Friday, we finally had four Grosbeaks out on the feeders. Looked like
Mom, Dad and two fledglings. Dad still had his ESP working (or is
already out of breeding color), but a couple of the others didn't see me
on the back deck. <http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=22217>

I managed to nail this one; a 100% sample.
<http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=22219>

Aerial Moose