Re: [OM] OM10D

Subject: Re: [OM] OM10D
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2017 18:17:08 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>Chris, I use several MF lenses, but I do find it advantageous to use
>some modern software-corrected lenses to get AF. It all depends on
>the subject.

     I've never used an AF lens.  When I got that first E-500, the first thing
I did was shut off everything and anything that was automatic.  Or so I
thought.  I was stalking a Gila Monster one day and when I pressed the shutter
release nothing happened.  The camera had automatically shut itself off.  I
missed out on a wonderful shot of the Gila Monster with its mouth open.  I
haven't had that opportunity since then.

     I also don't like automatic transmissions as they take the fun out of
driving.  Automatic payments can creep up on you.  Automatic updates can reduce
your online browsing to zero.

     Automatic first downs are okay.  :{D

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson