Re: [OM] OM10D

Subject: Re: [OM] OM10D
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2017 10:56:29 -0700
On 7/2/2017 1:06 AM, ChrisB wrote:
I agree, Philippe.

It’s a pity that you don’t normally have time in a shop to fiddle with the
menus.  I found the GM5 that I tried for a few weeks to have menus that were sufficiently
different from my Fujis to make life difficult.  It might not have been so had I started with
the Lumix way of doing things.

And I left Oly digital because I didn’t really like the menus

I don't know about Fujis. Many people complain about Oly menus. I find Panny's worse; way too many items under each category. Sony goes the other way, with too many categories and tabs under each, so there's no scrolling vertically through items.

But how often need one go into the menus? Once I have a camera set up, I very seldom need the menus. Oly's Super Control Panel allows direct adjustment of almost everything of day to day importance. With the addition of my own Fn button settings, I virtually never go into the menus when shooting. I'll go days of heavy shooting without using the menus. Now that the Oly Updater can save menu set-ups, I'll spend even less time in there.

Panny's Quick Menu isn't as good, but does many things without going into the menus. Sony's quick menu (I don't know it's name) is pretty bare bones, but still will save menu trips.

I have on occasion asked myself if I could do better . . .

(nor the look of the early E-PLs . . .).

Most of them were sorta blah to me, but not negative. The exception was the E-PL2, with 12-50, at the time, the most handsome Oly camera lens combo since a black OM with 35-105. <http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Tech/Oly_Pens&image=IMG_1215oof30m.jpg>

Dandy Moose