Re: [OM] OM10D

Subject: Re: [OM] OM10D
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2017 09:47:58 -0700
> From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> why one would invest in a lens that requires software distortion correction
> when older MF lenses do the same without the software crutch?

Uhm, automatic focus?

Personally, I figure that the company that designed the lens knows how to tweak
it better than I do.

Unless you’re shooting an OM-1, let’s face it: you’ve turned a lot of
photography decisions over to your camera already. Why the line in the sand at
“distortion correction?”

(My “line in the sand” is “art filters.” Sheesh. Couldn’t they find better
things for their engineers to do?)