Re: [OM] OM10D

Subject: Re: [OM] OM10D
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2017 11:14:29 -0700
On 7/2/2017 10:47 AM, Chris Trask wrote:
. . .
If there was some way of shutting off that internal automatic colour
temperature correction I would do so in a heartbeat.

E-500 Advanced Manual.
<http://www.olympusamerica.com/files/oima_cckb/EVOLT_E-500_Advanced_Manual_EN.pdf>

Page 87, "Setting the auto/preset white balance"

Only the first setting, "Auto" does what you complain about. All the others set
fixed color balance.

I always use Daylight/5300K, except occasionally under incandescent light. Even there, I often forget, but it doesn't matter, as I shoot only Raw, and can correct in post. Oly software allows exact duplication of these settings. ACR/LR have their own ideas, which I happen to prefer. Other software will have other ideas; DxO Pro, for example, has default color settings for Oly files that I dislike.

I've never used a 4/3 camera for more than a few moments, but those WB setting
options haven't changed from E-1 to E-M1 II.

There is also the "CWB" setting, where you can define your own preferred,
fixed, WB.

This is one area where I agree with you about fixed vs. auto settings. Although if you are shooting JPEGs, it would matter much more to you than to me.

What Color Moose