Re: [OM] E-410/420 vs. E-500

Subject: Re: [OM] E-410/420 vs. E-500
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2017 21:07:13 -0500
JDubs has both the 400 and the 410 (or 420). He did some comparative
testing and if I recall correctly, he liked the 410 for some stuff,
the 400 for other stuff. Personally, I think the 400 is best for what
I personally would want it for.

But here is the thing. When you compare the 4XX with the 5XX bodies,
the handling is extremely different. The fake motor-drive grip shape
of the 5XX is a little problematic in my hand because it is shaped
right, but the size is all wrong. So it is an uncomfortable blob of
congealed snot in my hand. The 4XX, though, is shaped more like a
non-motordrive equipped SLR, so you hold it entirely differently. With
the grip protrusion, it is a right hand hold camera. Without the grip
protrusion it is a left hand hold camera.

I've got to buy a lens before I buy another body.

As to the in-camera TIFFs? That's a total non-issue to me. Completely
irrelevant to a user of Lightroom.

AG Schnozz