Re: [OM] E-410/420 vs. E-500

Subject: Re: [OM] E-410/420 vs. E-500
From: Frank <wijsmuller@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2017 22:53:40 +0000
The 510 offers Oly's first (?) IBIS, and why would you need the micro usb?
Just use a card reader and you're good.

The 500 is indeed an earlier camera then the 410, which was introduced
alongside the 510. The 410 being slightly more compact, but with the
smaller battery (bls, like in the Pens) and without the IBIS. The kitlens
changed to the smaller and well regarded 14-42mm.

Outside North America they sold the 400 briefly. Same body like the
410/420/450, but no live view. It had the last Kodak m43 sensor though.
Nice for Ken ;-). They are quite cheap here in Europe (they all are).

Why TIFF? You need RAW for most of the dymic range and colors, compared to
more modern camera's you already compromise quite a bit (..;-) with an
older sensor.