Re: [OM] Win7 Is Us!

Subject: Re: [OM] Win7 Is Us!
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2017 22:31:07 -0700
On 3/26/2017 2:22 PM, Jim Nichols wrote:
Moose, I employ CC caution similar to yours, with one additional step. I log in and check my CC transactions about twice a week, when I happen to be at my computer. All has been fine recently, but, a couple of years ago I spotted the purchase of two airline tickets from Nigeria to London, and flagged this to my financial institution, who promptly voided and reissued my CC.

Huh. Surprised they didn't contact you. I've found my CC institutions to be aggressive in checking with me on possibly questionable charges. Hasn't happened in a while, but then I haven't seen anything suspicious, either. But I have a v. few times in the past received phone calls and email messages alerting me. They've always been right about false charge(s).

One reason I always carry several cards from different issuers (not all in one wallet) when we are away from home for weeks. They can cancel the card and promptly send a new one - to an address hundreds to thousands of miles and many days/weeks away. I just add a different card to the rotation.

Moose