Re: [OM] USB-C Cables

Subject: Re: [OM] USB-C Cables
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2017 16:02:28 -0800
On 1/16/2017 1:25 PM, Chris Trask wrote:
      Yet another reason for sticking with older equipment.

Yes, I too aspire to possessing and using old, clunky, slow, powerless, low capacity phones, computers, cameras, storage, and so on. Oh no, that was another fellow, Ned Ludd.*

USB-C is a technical improvement, in several aspects of performance and capabilities, which you can look up, should you care. It's also an ergonomic improvement, with plugs that are identical on both ends and may be inserted either side up. The smaller socket size, esp. height, also enables portable computer makers to make slimmer products.

Almost Up To Date Moose

* Yes, I know the origin and meaning of 'luddite', but it has morphed to include an alternate definition, "a person opposed to increased industrialization or new technology."