Re: [OM] USB-C Cables

Subject: Re: [OM] USB-C Cables
From: "Wayne Harridge" <wayne.harridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2017 09:17:43 +1100
Tasty !

...Wayne

-----Original Message-----
From: olympus
[mailto:olympus-bounces+wayne.harridge=structuregraphs.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
] On Behalf Of Ken Norton
Sent: Wednesday, 18 January 2017 8:25 AM
To: Olympus Camera Discussion <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Welcome to the free market economy. In our ongoing move to fascism,
> where the government is owned by private businesses. Our governmental
> agencies that are responsible for standardization have allowed  two
> different kinds of cell phones to be sold, like AM and FM radio. So,
> if you go from AT&T to T-Mobile or something similar, your phone won't
> work. I suspect that the carriers like it that way because when you
> change carriers, they can sell you a new phone, or lock you into an
eternal lease.

Legacy GSM and CDMA. That's only part of the equation, though. There is also
the issue of various bands of frequencies that the carriers lease from the
government through spectrum auctions. It's a convoluted mess that the FCC
has only managed to make worse and worse. Say what you want about the
outgoing FCC chairman. He did a couple of things right, but between spectrum
auctions and net neutrality he managed to make hash of everything.

One man's yeast extract is another man's Vegemite.

AG