Re: [OM] IMG: My Struggle to Learn to Use Lightroom

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: My Struggle to Learn to Use Lightroom
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2017 22:46:51 -0600
Mike, I've been exposed to LR for about a week now. I am certainly not using all of it, but I am getting to know my way around it. As a RAW converter with adjustments, it does a pretty decent job, and I am beginning to make use of the cataloging to some extent. I had a divorce from PS several years ago, and adopted Picture Window Pro, so that I am much more comfortable with it than with PS. It is no longer being updated, so that is what set me off on this adventure.

I am currently using LR as a front end and organizer. For final work, where necessary, I am using PWP and the Nik standalone programs, Focus Magic and Neat Image. It works for me, but probably not for everyone. I have no desire to get into layers and other PS traits that require real dedication. At 86, I'd rather spend my time taking pictures.

Just my two cents, after the first week. :-)

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA