Re: [OM] IMG: My Struggle to Learn to Use Lightroom

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: My Struggle to Learn to Use Lightroom
From: Scott Gomez <sgomez.baja@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2017 22:33:37 +0000
Hi Mike,

I've been using Digikam for years now, which I thought I had mentioned here
on the list a number of times. I'm quite happy with it. Have many thousands
of images indexed with ti, and it does *not* require any specific directory
location or structure in order to index images.

Image tagging works well, although there is a slight learning curve to that
feature, as well as many of the other features. On a Linux machine (can't
speak to Windows or Mac), it also seamlessly addsd the ability to open any
of a number of different editors and/or raw converters right from within
Digikam.

Let me know if I can answer anything else. I'm by no means an expert at it,
but can usually muddle through everything I need to do.

---
Scott

On Tue, Jan 10, 2017 at 7:34 PM Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Count me as another who hasn't become comfortable with LR. Just doesn't
> float my boat. Nor do I use PS much. So what are my options for a
> database if I'm not going the subscription route? Anyone use digiKam? I
> like the open source aspect.  I've installed it but have yet to commit
> to the process. Would like user feedback first.

> --
>
> --
---
Scott