Re: [OM] IMG: My Struggle to Learn to Use Lightroom

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: My Struggle to Learn to Use Lightroom
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2017 14:42:44 -0600
> I've never really taken to LR Piers. I have v5.7 and it just languishes.
> True, I don't much like the subscription model but have nothing against it.
> I do have a subscription to ArcGIS because it is the best tool for the job.
> The Adobe subscription on the other hand doesn't have value for me as I
> wouldn't take advantage of most of the bundled products.  Hence my inquiry
> about the open source data base. Seems that it could be an alternate
> solution.

My concern with ANY of the alternatives is long-term viability. The
one program that I actually think is about everything a person needs
for image asset management is Picasa. But it's evidently at
end-of-development.

While I am not usually gungho on spending money on luxury items like
Adobe and BMW, there is a time and place for it. $10 per month is a
no-brainer for me as it is less expensive than pretty much any other
worthwhile alternative. But I do keep everything possible outside of
Adobe-Captive-Formats.

AG Schnozz