Re: [OM] IMG: My Struggle to Learn to Use Lightroom

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: My Struggle to Learn to Use Lightroom
From: Philippe Amard <photo.philippe.amard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2017 07:50:32 +0100
I'd say the trick is to export your main catalogue WITH the image
files beforehand

Then it's very easy to open the catalogue on the new computer

Else, reindexing is easy, so long as your structure is not
overcomplex, in which case it might be as tedious as your structure
consists in multiple sub-sub-sub folders. that's why I do not do that,
and have allowed LR since version 1, to place the files where it feels
like placing them.

In any case, I have always thought that a good system is one you don't
need to know what it does and how it does it. Who would try to modify
the clogs and gears of the automatic gearbox of his/her car? Certainly
not me.

Hope this helps

Amities
Philippe