Re: [OM] IMG: My Struggle to Learn to Use Lightroom

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: My Struggle to Learn to Use Lightroom
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2017 09:58:27 -0600
As I've gotten most of the little bugs worked out of my system now, it
is easy as dirt. All of the images (I do have a backup elsewhere)
reside on a single WD Passport 2TB drive. However, also located on
that same drive is my primary Catalog.

So, all I have to do is plug the drive into whichever computer I want
to use, fire up Lightroom and open the catalog which happens to be on
that same portable drive. No muss, no fuss. Easy as can be. Shut down
Lightroom, disconnect the drive, plug into the other computer, open
Lightroom on that machine and pick up where I left off.

Doing it this way, the internal drive of the computer doesn't have any
catalog or images stored there (unless it's for backup purposes).

This works well because my laptop only has a 128Mb SSD drive.

AG Schnozz