Re: [OM] DIY Auto Repair - Sounds like a good idea. Maybe

Subject: Re: [OM] DIY Auto Repair - Sounds like a good idea. Maybe
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2016 14:12:09 -0600
> It's odd. The sedan was blah to slightly ugly looking, the closed coupe odd
> to slightly ugly, but the convertible quite attractive, at least to me. And
> the shape has somehow worn well. It even looks decent with the top up.

I will admit that the style of that car never did anything for me, but
it has a look that is wearing well AND it is starting to actually look
better with age. In all honesty, I can't think of many GM cars from
that era that are doing that. Maybe the Corvette, but the rest just
look off. The Pontiacs had their best look about five years earlier,
but had too many Botox injections in the '90s. I don't think the
fox-body Mustangs will EVER be in style.

While the "look" for that era was the melting blob with bulges thing
that everybody was doing, your Olds convertible had the boxy 3-series
look still going on, without the chopped off angles of previous 20
years of GM products and the above mentioned Mustang. No Botox
injections, so it looked like it was wearing Polyester while everybody
else wore rayon, but it turns out that it was actually a nice wool
blend.

AG Schnozz