Re: [OM] DIY Auto Repair - Sounds like a good idea. Maybe

Subject: Re: [OM] DIY Auto Repair - Sounds like a good idea. Maybe
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2016 22:29:32 -0800
On 12/13/2016 2:07 PM, Jim Nichols wrote:
Hi Moose,

I'm always nosy.  Is that structurally a roll bar behind you, or just for top
support?

Not a roll bar, would squash flat. It does provide nice top support, and a nice, unique look. But the real reason appears to be the door handles. They are in the pillars, not on the door panel, in these model series, so the pillars had to stay when they designed the chop top.

Nice car!

Thanks! I like it.

Jim Nichols, whose first car was a 1952 Plymouth convertible, with OD

I used to drive my mom's '47 Plymouth and '52 Dodge. Flat head sixes. My first car was a '55 Chevy, OHC V8 bored to 283 cubes, ported and balanced, but not a convertible. :-(

OD never went away, it just became an ordinary thing. Our cheap little 20 year old Mazda econobox tranny has OD as its top gear. In a nod to the old days, there's a button that disables it. It also has a 16 valve, dohc engine. Remember when that was exotic? ;-)

Old Days Moose