Re: [OM] First Switzerland installment--one shot on topic

Subject: Re: [OM] First Switzerland installment--one shot on topic
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2016 16:17:28 -0600
> Until recently, I've been highly unimpressed with the GPS built into
> cameras. Incredibly slow to make initial location determination, and drawing
> down batteries too fast. The i-gotU obviously has a smaller battery than the
> cameras, but runs for many hours.

The GPS feature in the Canon 6D definitely creates a draw on the
battery, but remarkably little. The only thing that I wish Canon would
do is add a setting that allows the GPS to not update will the camera
is asleep. There are times when I want the positional information
updated even when asleep and other times when I'm happy with it just
getting itself updated when I'm shooting. But even at that, it isn't
that big of a deal, so far. Normally, I have it off, but when I'm out
and about, I turn it on.

AG (where in the world is Carmen Schnozziego?)