Re: [OM] Milestone

Subject: Re: [OM] Milestone
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2016 09:30:41 -0600
> More like thank yourselves. You had 4 votes and wasted all of them.
> Voting for the lesser of 2 evils is sometimes the better choice.

I question that a lot. Based on the anti-Russian rhetoric going on,
HRC was going to take us into another Cold War. More than once she
went to the brink of calling Russia the enemy. And she had others
literally saying that Russia is the enemy. Internationally, we don't
need that. Competitors, yes, enemies, no. On the flip side, you have
somebody who is perceived as a "loose cannon" with nukes. Having a
wild man running the USA just might setting things down a bit on the
international front. I doubt that Canada will want to invade the USA
now. (not that they don't every winter anyway--maybe that Canada-USA
wall isn't such a bad idea and we'll make Canada pay for it.
hehehehe).

This election was all about the New York Times manipulation. The NYT
manipulated the NY Primary and set out to make sure that their friend,
HRC, was safe and secure. They even published 18 hit pieces on Sanders
in one day at the most critical moment.  Early on, they had a Sanders
Black Out, where they wouldn't even acknowledge his existence, and
made it all about HRC. They were 100% sold out to HRC and this is an
indisputable fact. When HRC "won" the NY Primary, I immediately said
that Trump just got elected president. That was the turning point
right there. The national race was lost at that moment. The Sanders
supporters across the entire nation gut sucker punched in a way that
there is no healing. The NYT made sure that the lesser of the two
candidates won, which set up a near guaranteed failure in the general
election.

News organizations should NEVER endorse candidates because the moment
they do so they have tainted their own coverage and are no longer
impartial observers of the process. How can you accurately report on a
candidate that you have endorsed? The answer is that you can't. It's
the old "blood is thicker than water" argument. An endorsement is
something like saying that you are family. Once the NYT endorsed
Clinton, they had a stake in the outcome.

And, on a positive note, with all of the people now refusing to visit
the USA, this means that I might be able to find a spot to take
pictures at the Grand Tetons in August. Our Zuikofest just got a
little easier.

There is one REALLY big positive through all this. The Republican
Party just got a much needed make-over and the crazy right-wingers
that were taking it down to the pit lost. The Bushes are now total
outsiders and any positive legacy they had is wiped out. Whether the
Democrat Party will recognize that they refused to listen to the
people learn anything is a mystery. Honestly, I don't think they will.
They will blame this loss on everybody else but themselves.

AG Schnozz