Re: [OM] Milestone

Subject: Re: [OM] Milestone
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2016 08:34:04 -0600
This is the thing that my wife and I simply can't wrap our heads around.
I'd ask on Facebook, but I'm so tired of it and I'm sure I would learn
things about people I have respected and considered friends that I really
don't want to know. I have already heard people I had considered friends
say some disturbing vile, racist things already that have made me
reconsider our friendship.

I get that Washington is desperately in need of a change. The simple fact
is that McConnell and his cronies have time and time again said that their
only job for the past 8 years was to do nothing but oppose every single
thing Obama wanted to do. The SCOTUS debacle is a clear example - they
publicly said that they are refusing to do their Constitutionally-mandated
duty to approve a new justice until they can get a President that they
like. If HRC had been elected, they said that they would absolutely refuse
every one that she proposed, which would have meant an incomplete SCOTUS
for four more years. They claim to love and support the Constitution, yet
refuse to do what that same Constitution is saying that they must do. HRC
had her issues, but Fox "News", Russian hackers, Julian Assange, and the
damn FBI all joined in the game to take control of the election of this
country.  They demonized HRC even after millions of taxpayer dollars and
thousands of man-hours by Republican-backed investigation provided nothing
concrete. Yet Trump has a laundry list of proven failures and frauds, and
they're OK with that and defend him. Would I have rather seen Bernie?
Absolutely. But that didn't happen. And the thought of four years of the
Orange Nightmare is simply terrifying.

But why so many educated, intelligent, successful women would be so vocal
about supporting a man who only has need for women as arm candy, and only
then if you're skinny and have big boobs and he thinks you're pretty enough
for him; a man who has repeatedly assaulted women; who is now the POTUS and
facing a December court date for allegedly raping a 13-year-old girl; who
thinks that women need to be slapped around a little and treated like crap;
who very publicly cheated on his first two wives simply doesn't compute in
my brain. Is it the same thinking that makes women fall in love with serial
killers and serial rapists? Is it the "bad boy syndrome" that we saw in
high school where many of the girls laughed at those of us who were nerdy
but polite and decent, and instead dated the thugs with police records who
treated them like animals?

I rode the shuttle to the train station one night with an African-American
woman who was saying how much she liked Trump. I asked her, incredulously,
how she could possibly like a man who disrespects and hates everything she
is? Her answer was that he was rich and owned land. My only thought was
that she was living in the 1800's and that "Massa owns land! Massa rich!
Massa a great man!" was what she had consented to live by. It just saddned
me.

I don't know. I just don't. And I'm really tired of seeing people say that
"Yes! This is God's will! God has spoken and has sent his messenger Trump
to take back America!"  Yes, I am religious. And yes, I am of the Christian
faith. But none of that hatred for anyone other than rich white people
jives with anything I've ever learned or believed in, so I'm really fed up
with them claiming that. And now David Duke is saying that the Klan is
proud to have played a major part in getting Trump elected. This, I fear,
is the true fallout from this whole circus. The dirty underbelly of this
country now feels newly-empowered to redouble on the hatred.

And all of these people chanting, "Yes!!! Drain the Swamp!!!" simply don't
want to see that they all re-elected the same swamp creatures that they are
now saying they need to get rid of.

All I can do is to continue to try and be someone that I can be proud of,
and try to continue to work for true change. The next four years are going
to be very challenging times.

On Thu, Nov 10, 2016 at 5:27 AM, John Hermanson <omtech1@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I read that 37% of "educated" women voted for trump.  WTF
>
> ___________________________________
> John Hermanson  |   CPS, Inc.
> 21 South Ln., Huntington NY 11743
> www.zuiko.com  | omtech1@xxxxxxxxxxx
> Olympus OM Service since 1977
>

> On 11/9/2016 11:35 AM, Mike Lazzari wrote:
>
>> Awoke this morning hoping for the first woman president but instead we
>> have a president who sexually assaults women and passes it off as a joke
>> during the national debate. WTF is wrong with one half of this country?
>>

>> --

Paul Braun WD9GCO
Anchor, Amateur Radio Newsline
www.ARnewsline.org <http://www.arnewsline.org>