Re: [OM] Basic question re Om D E M5

Subject: Re: [OM] Basic question re Om D E M5
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2016 21:06:15 -0700
On 7/12/2016 4:37 PM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
Yes, I remember your quote. But the invoice said they had updated the firmware but it was already at that level.

What do you wanna bet me that the tech didn't check the firmware version, then check off the update? Our consumer software won't reinstall an update, but they may have something that will.

They must be under some sort of time pressure, most likely piecework rates. The more jobs they complete, the more they make*. An unnecessary update takes a few minutes.

And when I installed it it did wipe out the settings.

That's what I recall, too, but didn't wish to disagree with Dharma without a clear memory. Or maybe he was referring to a change to future updates?

Piece of Work Moose

* Whether that system is good or bad depends on the tech. My son knew a mechanic in a dealer shop who was making much more than most, as he was clever and had over many years worked out shortcuts for many jobs. If a job was in the book for 8 hours, and he could do it in 5, he still got paid for 8. Union shop, too, so the pros obviously preferred piece rates to hourly.