Re: [OM] Help for OM-D settings [was Basic question re Om D E M5]

Subject: Re: [OM] Help for OM-D settings [was Basic question re Om D E M5]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2016 13:29:02 -0700
On 7/14/2016 10:10 AM, Ken Norton wrote:
I think another camera manufacturer allows settings to be
stored/retrieved on the memory cards. Wouldn't that be great if
Olympus could do that too,

Yup. Sounds like a good project for Chuck, the old OS guy. ;-)

since there are only something like 487 settings in the options menu.

This was just a subject on TOP. Many folks apparently want a camera with simple, limited menu system - or think they do. The problem, of course, is that they want it set up by default the way that works for them.

As the focus was the E-M5 (why not the II, Gordon??), there were lots of complaints about the Oly menu system. Yet not a single one suggesting turning off the "Advanced" menus - which means to me they all wanted/needed something other than the default settings or AutoMagic Modes, and some of the things they wanted are in the advanced menus.

A few more thoughtful people pointed out that there is a hard choice between endless menu options or limited features and choices.

It also seems that few people, at least with complaints to air, are aware of, or choose to use, the wonderful power and simplicity of the Super Control Panel on the screen. For me, the lengthy wander through all the menu choices is a one time, or very seldom necessary, thing. Pretty much everything else that isn't on a dial or button is quickly and easily set in the SCP.

Custom Set Moose