Re: [OM] IMG: The American Airlines Flagship Detroit

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: The American Airlines Flagship Detroit
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2016 16:54:18 -0700
On 6/16/2016 3:30 PM, Bob Whitmire wrote:
See, the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about. <g>

That was an excellent abstract. And the book comes out when?

Yeah, right

And a further question: I believe we never will achieve artificial intelligence
because there is no way to wire a machine to the subconscious, or, as Jung put
it, the unconscious.

The subject of an essay. Teaser; if an organic computer can link to non-material soul, might it not be possible to link an inorganic computer? OR an "artificially" created organic computer?

We may differ slightly in that I believe the unconscious is our connection to
the ineffable, the Profound Mystery, etc.

Not at all. The number of names is infinite, the non-thing they try to name
ineffable, and yet we soldier on.

There's at least one letter* in the Jung's collected letters where he replies to the question whether the Self (as opposed to the lower case self) is God.

I'd have his reply exact if cell phones that take pix existed when I read it. As best I remember, he carefully said he was no theologian, so not qualified to answer, but that for his purposes as an analyst, he saw no practical difference. Sumpin' like that, anyway.

Who's Moose

* Either there were two, or I found and read the same one twice. :-)

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus. This is a perfect mobile device. Any perceived
errors in spelling, grammar, or logic are figments of your imagination.

I never liked Fig Newtons, anyway.