Re: [OM] Olympus TG-4 owners - request for someone to test focus stackin

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus TG-4 owners - request for someone to test focus stacking on eyes
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2016 16:10:54 -0700
On 6/16/2016 3:42 PM, Mike Lazzari wrote:
Looks like a job for a x-polariser.

Good way to turn something simple into a big project. ;-)

I could mount the ring flash head on the camera, with a 46+49 mm adapter ring. But then I don't think the camera lens could get close enough to the subject for the desired magnification. Mounting it to the front of the tele adapter, 40.5 mm thread, would probably break something, without a separate support.

But then, no flash shoe, so a separate thingie of some sort would be needed to
carry the power unit.

I would then have gone from a quite small camera to a large, heavy, complex assembly, with a little camera lost in the middle.

Then comes working out exposure . . .

Life is just the right length without this project.

135/4.5 on Auto Tube on an OMD, or any DSLR or ILC, would be a better bet.

Carpe Diem Moose