Re: [OM] E-M1 vs E-M5II

Subject: Re: [OM] E-M1 vs E-M5II
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2016 22:46:32 -0700
On 5/10/2016 5:52 AM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
I'm very glad to hear that the pixels actually work and guess I'll accept the loss to the AA filters since I think Moire is much worse.

Have you misunderstood? The E-M5 II has no AA filter. With one, it wouldn't be
able to do the HR trick.

. . .
We had some discussion in the past about using the HR mode for rephotography with a macro lens. I can see it working well there in a controlled interior environment. The main question in my mind is whether it actually produces more detail in landscape shots when faced with even a slight wind. Even the rumored 1/60 sec shot sequence might not be fast enough there. Observations?

If you need every leaf to be unaffected by motion blur, HR is not for your landscapes. I've seen a couple of examples, and it can be better than normal res, or much worse. The current version is really only for unmoving, or veeeerry slowly moving subjects