Re: [OM] E-M1 vs E-M5II

Subject: Re: [OM] E-M1 vs E-M5II
From: DZDub <jdubikins@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2016 08:10:38 -0500
On Sun, May 8, 2016 at 12:57 PM, Siddiq Siddiqui-Ali <
muhammad.siddiqui-ali@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Joel, maybe hold off till the fall (Photokina), the Oly rep at the store
> said the E-M1 is right about due (based on his time working for them) for
> an update, and the rumor mill's saying the same. So you can either get the
> new shiny, or a sharp discount on the old shiny.

Siddiq, I sense that this is already starting to happen.  The E-M1 bodies
are more plentiful on 'Bay and there are vendors in Asia splitting up new
kits and selling the bodies and lenses separately.  I'm tempted at the
price, but I think I'll give it just a little more time.  I am also looking
to pick up a good used OM-5DmkII as the prices are now occasionally under
$1K, finally.  What a run that body has had for Canaan.

I'm glad you think that there will be replacement for the E-M1.  I had
supposed the legacy support for E system users was a one-time venture.  I'm
also glad to learn that Chuck likes the ergonomics of the E-M1,  I think my
disposition in this regard might be similar to his.

Joel W.