Re: [OM] E-M1 vs E-M5II

Subject: Re: [OM] E-M1 vs E-M5II
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2016 08:52:46 -0400
I'm very glad to hear that the pixels actually work and guess I'll accept the loss to the AA filters since I think Moire is much worse.

I've never paid much attention to the E-M5 II's control layout so just had a detailed look. Yes, better than the E-M5 I but I would not choose it over the E-M1. I can only hope they don't mess it up with the E-M1 II since I would really like to have that HR mode even if it operates slowly.

We had some discussion in the past about using the HR mode for rephotography with a macro lens. I can see it working well there in a controlled interior environment. The main question in my mind is whether it actually produces more detail in landscape shots when faced with even a slight wind. Even the rumored 1/60 sec shot sequence might not be fast enough there. Observations?

Chuck Norcutt