Re: [OM] Pretty please . . . [was Don't take my silence for inactivity]

Subject: Re: [OM] Pretty please . . . [was Don't take my silence for inactivity]
From: Bob Whitmire <fujixbob@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2016 12:31:07 -0400
I share the sentiment to a point. But for me, this list long ago evolved away
from a single-issue list. I feel as though I'm among friends here, and frankly,
if all we ever talked about was cameras and zones of confusion and elements of
fill flash, I would have gone nil heard long, long ago.

What my friends think about other things-- food, cats, children, books,
physics, religion, hair gel (for those with hair) and yes, even politics--is of
interest to me.

But . . . (Major Caveat Alert): I see no reason why reasonable people should
devolve into food fighters at the mention of issues. It helps me understand the
world I live in to hear the opinions of others, foreign and domestic (from my
pov), particularly those who live elsewhere than in the US.

True, there are many places other than here to get into the essential elements
of the flaws in the other person's candidate. There are other places to issue
spurious insults about someone else's native land. But I don't know of any
other place where I would feel as comfortable giving and taking than here.
Within reason. Without stump speeches, etc.

My only regret is that we have been unable to recruit and hold members of the
better sex, Tina being a glaring exception. A bit more female perspective would
be most agreeable.

But all in all, I enjoy the company here and do not feel as though subjects of
a non-photographic nature should be studiously avoided.

All of that said, I will continue to eschew film.

Please return to your regularly scheduled programming.

-Bob

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus. This is a perfect mobile device. Any perceived
errors in spelling, grammar, or logic are figments of your imagination.