Re: [OM] Pretty please . . . [was Don't take my silence for inactivity]

Subject: Re: [OM] Pretty please . . . [was Don't take my silence for inactivity]
From: Charles Geilfuss <charles.geilfuss@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2016 12:06:54 -0400
SC is the home of three basic BBQ sauces. As Bob points out, mustard base
is quite popular from about mid-state to the coast (primarily due to the
efforts of the Bessinger Family brothers. Two are in Charleston and one
went up to Columbia. In the northeastern quarter of the state it is vinegar
and spice-based sauce. This is likely due to the eastern NC influence where
this type is king. I had many an excellent Q at B's Barbecue in Greenville,
NC. Above Columbia,the upstate is known more for a tomato based sauce.
Can't say I have a favorite, I love them all.

Charlie