Re: [OM] Solar Roofs - of course to power Olympus cameras - duh

Subject: Re: [OM] Solar Roofs - of course to power Olympus cameras - duh
From: Frank <wijsmuller@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2016 20:01:59 +0100
Interesting, nice project. I have PV panels since 2013 (3,12 kW in 12
panels on a flat roof). From my limited experience (but I did quite a bit
of reading before buying and installing them). Isn't it fairly easy to do
it yourself?

Just make sure the PV panels are well ventilated, as higher temperatures
will lower efficiency. This is a slightly 'counter intuitive' mechanism,
but the reason that higher solar-radiation figures don't translate linear
to higher revenues.

Also, if some panels get more shadow then others, plan to buy converters
per panel. Panels in a string (per converter) are as efficient as the least
productive among them...

You could share a picture of your roof? Just curious.