Re: [OM] Solar Roofs - of course to power Olympus cameras - duh

Subject: Re: [OM] Solar Roofs - of course to power Olympus cameras - duh
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2016 09:27:07 -0600
> I expect that Cedar Shake roofs will decline in popularity fast, as people
> awake to the premium they pay for insurance. The house now inhabited by my
> ex-wife had a cedar shingle roof, and when a hailstorm got a good part of
> it, it was replaced by a composition roof. Insurance dropped substantially.
> And my roof was no longer made of kindling.

Shake roofs do make sense in some parts of the country. A writer
friend of mine had a hunting/fishing cabin in far western Virginia
that had a wood roof that was over 70 years old and still didn't leak
a drop. But there were probably a hundred snakes that lived in it.

Where it is STUPID to have a wood roof is in a dry, hot climate where
the wood turns flammable, or when the slope isn't steep enough.

This reminds me of a young woman that I worked with up in Michigan.
Her father owned an office furniture manufacturer. The house she grew
up in had both indoor and outdoor swimming pools and overlooked a
lake. Well, she hated the house because of the ugly green roof.

Copper roof.

AG Schnozz